10 Questions with Marjan Haydaree | Women's Soccer
Get to know the Vikings goal scorer. Haydaree has 20 career goals with 12 in the first 6 games this season, including 3 game winning goals.
1. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
I would pick yellow because it’s bright and vibrant like the sun and it’s usually a color of happiness.
2. What’s your favorite throwback jam and what are your first three songs on your pre-game playlist?
Favorite throwback is Glamorous by Fergie
Ego- Willy William
Calabria- Firebeatz Remix
Lose Yourself- Eminem
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
A lion because they fear nothing. They have strength, wisdom, and confidence but they also show leadership.
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
When I grow up I want to be able to work with young children as well as helping others in the world. Maybe a child psychologist or something in law enforcement.
5. Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman?
Batman would win a fight between Spider-Man because he would outsmart him.
6. Who/What got you interested in your sport and when did you start playing
My older sister inspired me to play because she is my role model and I always hoped to be as good of a player as she was. I started playing soccer at the age 11 with a local afghan community soccer club.
7. If you weren't playing your sport, what other sport would you want to play at the college level?
Either basket ball or track and field
8. What makes your coaches the type of coaches you love to play for?
My coaches are always very motivational and supportive and always push me to be and do my very best.
9. What are you majoring in and what's your favorite class?
I am majoring in Psychology and my favorite class this semester is biological psychology.
10. What is your perfect pre-game meal?
My perfect pre game meal is a sandwich with some fruit and a water or Gatorade.